Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fwd: Excellent take on Chindu by Tejas

the numbers are growing...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anonymous

Dear All,
An excellent take on Chindu by Thejas in Churumuri which i am pasting it below.

THEJAS H.K. writes from Madras: There was a time not too long ago when I used to walk a couple of miles to get a copy of The Hindu in Mysore. Here, in the City of its birth, it is delivered to my room at 6 am, but over the last few years, a strange feeling of unease, even disgust, makes me run away from a newspaper I used to pursue.

Today, when the paper lands at my doorstep, I wonder if it is the same publication that professors used to goad us to read for its English; if it is the same publication that parliamentarians used to cut and quote; if it is the same publication that our parents used to say was the last word in correctness and credibility.

The unease, the disgust, has been building up for a while now.

No comments: